Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Food Journal

Since I'm about to give birth, I thought it would be a great idea to keep a food journal to keep me accountable in maintaining a healthy diet in order to prepare for the big task ahead of me! I'll start with my dinner last night:

I started things off with rice and these tuna things from TJ's:


These are great for a quick meal, especially if your life partner has lost his freaking mind and decided at the last hour to build a cradle for your baby and said he would have it done in a week and is not finished yet. The tuna is fortified with nutrients that make it possible for a mother-to-be to understand that people cope with the unknown in different ways--like putting on old episodes of Love Line while building large pieces of furniture.

After 2 servings of the tuna, I was still hungry and sent Micah to the Fuh Wah to get me a cheese hoagie:


I thought "I will eat half of this and save the other half for lunch." 5-7 minutes later, I looked down and the hoagie was gone! HAHAHA! Just call me Heathcliff Huxtable!!!


Well, after my hoagie, there was still a rumbly in my tumbly, so I capped things off with some candy:


Even though I wasn't quite full, I decided not to ask Micah to go out again to get some popcorn. It was raining pretty hard. I think I'm on the right track with my pre-labor diet! These particular courses, in this order, work like a charm in getting nice and lethargic for when Micah asks you questions like "Shouldn't we pack you a bag for the hospital?" Once your belly is full of spicy tuna; bread; chocolate; and a baby that probably weighs about 25 pounds, you can reply with ease: "Uhhh, I've got a lot going on in my head right now and your frantic energy is bumming me out." Getting ready to give birth is kind of like training for a marathon, nay, a TRIATHLON! Good thing I've got a palate for athlete food!!!!

2 comments:

  1. There are at least a million things I love about this post. The Cosby Show reference warmed my heart the most, as we have recently taken to watching it with the boys. I overheard them having a discussion the other night over whether or not they thought Theo would get his girlfriend back.

    I thought I was going to make it through this post without wanting to barf, but then you put that picture of Bruce Jenner at the end.

    I am freakishly excited about the imminent arrival of your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this post. when I was with child i heard that in the last days i would only be able to eat little tiny meals because baby would be smashing my guts. not so! burrito followed burrito back then. xo

    ReplyDelete